This is my second attempt at the readathon – any excuse to have a designated reading day! Last round I managed to read six books off my tbr list so this time I’m aiming for seven… okay, to be honest I’ll be happy to get through whatever I get through.
Like any animal settling in for their hibernation I’ve set up my nest with all the essentials: blanket (yes, the same comfy blanket that was dragged out for last time), pillow, cat, chocolate, tea (well soon), and of course BOOKS.
This is the pile I picked out, but now that I look at it, I realise that a fair few of them are ‘in between books’ that I picked out at the library this week, I’ll likely do some wondering to the bookshelf.
The pile as it stands
- Flowers for Algenon – Daniel Keyes
- The Colour Purple – Alice Walker
- Avalon High Graphic Novels #1-3 – Meg Cabot and Jinky Coronado
- The Chronicles of Avonlea – L.M. Montgomery*
- Selected Poems – T.S. Eliot
- Elizabethan Sonnets – Maurice Evans
- Collected Poems – Sylvia Plath
- The Dresden Files Graphic Novels: Welcome to the Jungle – Jim Butcher
*I know the picture has Anne of Avonlea but I picked up the wrong one and I’m too lazy to retake the photo – you’ll forgive me, yes?